Silver & GoldWelcome to Silver & Gold, the approved Draco & Hermione Fanlisting.
Draco & HermioneDraco Malfoy and Hermione Granger are two characters from the Harry Potter books.
What is a Fanlisting?A fanlisting is simply an online listing of fans of a subject, such as a TV show, actor, or musician, that is created by an individual and open for fans from around the world to join.
Draco/Hermione is the relationship between Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter books. It is considered by some to be a difficult relationship to write in the Harry Potter Fandom, since Draco Malfoy is prejudiced against Muggle-borns and Hermione is a muggle-born. However, like fans of other "Rival ships", its fans enjoy writing about opposing, contrasting characters falling in love.
TerminologyBelow is a list of terms and their definitions that are used in the D/Hr fan community.
• D/Hr: It stands for Draco/Hermione. A piece labeled D/Hr concentrates on the pairing of Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger.
• Dramione: It's the nickname for the Draco/Hermione fandom, created from the characters' names. The term was started by hobbitheart at the Fiction Alley forums (link).
• DHR: It stands for Draco Hermione Romance.
• Leather Librarians: It's the first nickname for Draco/Hermione shippers, due to Hermione's love for books and the leather pants Draco wore in the Draco Trilogy. Draco wearing leather became part of fandom's stereotypical Sexgod!Draco. Though it was often intended to be a slight parody (Rebirth of Lucifer and Diary of a Rockstar for example), it was however to be taken seriously by other writers. The library became a common meeting place in D/Hr fics. Hermione is there, Ron and Harry prefer avoid it, and there's a maze of book shelves to hide in. Some authors included rooms for further piravcy.
• S.S. Leather and Libraries: It's the name the ship is commonly referred to as. The names Leather and Libraries and Leather Librarians originate from the Fiction Alley forums. It is also used at FanForum, unlike many other ships which have two different names - depending on the forum.
Draco Malfoy is a fictional character and a major antagonist in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series and is played by Tom Felton in the films. He is a Slytherin student in Harry Potter's year. He is frequently accompanied by his two accomplices, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle, who act as bodyguards. Although Draco is often regarded as a cowardly bully who uses psychological manipulation and verbal taunts to denigrate his victims, he reveals an ability to cunningly wield magic to attain his objectives. Malfoy served as the primary antagonist of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Hermione Jean Granger is a fictional character and one of the three protagonists (the other two being Harry Potter and Ron Weasley) in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series and is played by Emma Watson in the films. She initially appears in the first novel, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, as a new student on her way to Hogwarts. After being saved in the girls' bathroom from a mountain troll by Harry and Ron, she becomes close friends with them and often uses her quick wit and encyclopaedic knowledge to help them. Rowling has stated that Hermione resembles her at a younger age, with her insecurity and fear of failure. As the sole female member of the Trio, Hermione is a much-discussed character in fandom. She is canonically married to Ron Weasley (with whom she had two children with, Rose and Hugo Weasley), but there is a large population of the Harry Potter fandom who prefer her to be together with Harry (Harry/Hermione) or Draco Malfoy (Draco/Hermione).
Thomas Andrew Felton (born 22 September 1987) is a British actor and musician. He is best known for playing the role of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter film series, the movie adaptations of the best-selling Harry Potter fantasy novels by author J. K. Rowling, for which he auditioned at age twelve. Felton started filming in commercials when he was eight years old and in films at the age of ten, appearing in The Borrowers and Anna and the King. After being cast as Draco Malfoy he has subsequently appeared in all eight Harry Potter films, from 2001 to 2011, and finished filming the last two. A fishing aficionado, he helped form the World Junior Carp Tournament, a "family-friendly" fishing tournament. Tom Felton's portrayal of Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince won him the MTV Movie Award for Best Villain in 2010.
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson (born 15 April 1990) is an English actress and model who rose to prominence playing Hermione Granger, one of three starring roles in the Harry Potter film series. Watson was cast as Hermione at the age of nine, having previously acted only in school plays. From 2001 to 2010, she starred in seven Harry Potter films alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint; she will return for the final installment: the second part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Watson's work on the Harry Potter series has earned her several awards and more than £10 million. She made her modelling debut for Burberry's Autumn/Winter campaign in 2009. In 2007, Watson announced her involvement in two non-Harry Potter productions: the television adaptation of the novel Ballet Shoes and an animated film, The Tale of Despereaux. In September 2009, Watson announced her involvement with People Tree, a Fair Trade fashion brand. Her first project after the Harry Potter film series is My Week with Marilyn.